3/21/08

March 21,2007

Hooorrayyy! The weekend is finally here! I always look forward to the weekend because Michael does not normally work the weekends right now. We have a busy weekend planned for Easter, hopefully we won't wear ourselves and Audree out! :)

I've continued to spend time in the kitchen working on fun foods that all three of us can eat, as I don't want to eat anything Audree can't.. it's really not fair to her. I have successfully made bread and dinner rolls that are light and yummy..unfortunately I cannot take credit for the recipes, but I had to tweak them a bit... I will post the recipes later for anyone interested. Unfortunately you will need a scale as the measurements are all metric. I bought a cheap scale from Walmart and it works wonderful

My next task is to try a recipe for white chocolate that I just found, it looks awesome (not waxy like commercially made white chocolate) and so easy. I was going to do this for Easter, but when I went hunting for Cocoa Butter that you can bake with, the people at the health food stores thought I was nuts! (They thought cocoa butter was something you only put on your skin) I went to an organic store in downtown and talked to the gal who said she'd do some research for me and let me know if she could get it in since she knew exactly what I was talking about... I know where I'm shopping from now on!