4/14/08

Catching up

Sorry... we've been kinda busy around here. I finally have an afternoon to catch up on a few things, so I thought I would include this on my to-do list.

I started working part time as a contractor for a general transcription company. It's not as easy as you would think! :) I can type anywhere from 65-80 wpm, but that's definitely not enough. I'm doing well though.. they've already given me my first uprate and I've learned a few things. I've transcribed a sermon, war stories, and a couple of conference calls from different companies. It's fun.... a little extra play money until I actually finish my medical transcription training and start working with that.

Mich and I spent this past Saturday shoveling dirt. We borrowed a truck and found someone that had some fill dirt they wanted to get rid of. We only took two loads, but that was enough for the day.... Mich does a lot of that for his job, I, on the other hand, was totally exhausted and sore. Mich called the piles of dirt our "cute little piles." They, of course, did not compare to the actual size of the hole we are trying to fill. Whenen we were done with that Mich talked to a friend and found out he could have helped us out with a dump truck and some dirt and make it easier...figures. :) Hopefully we'll be able to get that taken care of soon. Mich got the sprinklers working also.... one of the stations still doesn't work, but most of the yard can get water now.. including my front garden. YAH!! Now, does anyone know of a good way to get rid of squirrels???? (the pic on the left is just under half of the dirt we got)

With help, we cleaned up the yard a couple weekends ago, it was quite a long weekend and a crazy weekend! My guess is that we had about 30 lawn bags full of clippings, leaves, weeds, etc, that went to the dump, plus all the sticks and bushes. It snowed, rained and hailed that weekend... and we worked right through it. It'll be worth it though, when we have a place to play and don't have to go to the park just to get away from all the dirt. I can't wait until everything gets growing!! :)

I took Audree to the park last week and she went up the toy and down the slide a few times, but being as though it was spring break, it wasn't fun trying to get past all of the kids. As most of you know Audree loves ducks! To her, other than the black colored birds in our trees outside, all birds are ducks, even the icky seagulls. It was hilarious to watch our funny little toddler chase after the seagulls. She was running as fast as she could with her arms either behind her or flapping up and down yelling "duck duck duck!" as they flew away from her.

Our little girl is changing so much every day. I recently noticed that she's filling out again, which means she'll probly have another up spurt soon. Her hair is starting to fill in quickly now. I hope she keeps the color for a while, it's a gorgeous light brown, almost blonde, with a slight red tint to it and little curls at the bottom. (I wonder if she'll have curly hair like mommy.) Her vocabulary is changing too. Dree is figuring out how to anunciate her words and gets that little tongue going like crazy. It's so cute when she tries to hold a conversation, of course SHE knows what she's saying. We're also now starting to say Mommy and Daddy instead of mama and dada. She's getting soooooo big!!


I am proud to say I've introduced her to oats now that I'm sure she was ok with wheat. So far, I have not seen any reaction to the oats. Hooray!!! :) She's only had small amounts, but she likes her fruity cherrios. :) We have her 18 month appt coming up in June, i'm going to request another allergy test for her. I'd like to know where we stand now, since it was almost a year ago that she was tested.