6/19/09

Good new and bad news....

I took Audree in for her 6 month checkup with the allergist this week. I had two requests, I wanted her retested, though they usually only do that once a year, and I wanted a rescue inhaler for her asthma since it's a pain to lug around the nebulizer all the time and there isn't always an outlet available when we are out and about. They did both... now I just have to get Audree used to the inhaler, it's a little tricky for a 2yr old. We'll still use the nebulizer though, it helps calm her down because she has to sit down and wait for the medicine. The doctor did not feel it was necessary to have her retested for things like wheat and soy since she is eating them without a problem, and nuts were pointless since most people never get rid of a nut allergy and we haven't had her treated for nuts yet, so they retested eggs and dairy. There was nothing subtle about those reactions! The whelp for dairy was over an inch across and eggs was a little more than half that, they were just as big as they were at her last test. The doctor stressed I was not to give her dairy, eggs or nuts... well, duh! So good news is that nothing has changed, but the bad news is that nothing has changed with our severe allergies.

I did not feel it necessary to take Izabelle in to be tested at this point. She's had a few allergy elimination appointments and been treated for grains, dairy, soy and minerals, cheese will be next. She is doing great, her skin is not showing evidence of an allergy, rarely spits up anymore, unless I have chocolate and I have been enjoying icecream and other baked goods with eggs in them.

So glad that summer is finally here. We are enjoying our time outside and loving having a backyard with GRASS!!! It's taking a while, but the backyard is finally filling in and we don't have to go to the park to play, though it is nice since we won't have a swing set/big toy this year...thinking next year.