10/7/12

Coming along...

Tell you what... Beans and red meat get old!! But the sacrifice is worth it. I have so far lost 2lbs following (not strictly) Miss A's diet. But we are eating very healthy. I'm really going to need to be organized with a meal plan because quick meals will only happen if things are already prepared. Eating beans out if a can is ok once in a while, but the stuff they line the cans with is not good for you. I have a half dozen bags of different types of dried beans in the pantry and 2 large containers of soaked, not cooked beans waiting in the fridge. We made a roast several days ago and that worked well for many different dishes... Tacos, stir fry, etc... But it's gone now. I'm still hunting for safe gluten-free flour combinations so we can enjoy muffins or biscuits once in a while, but cutting potatoes and rice out makes that difficult since those seem to be key ingredients. Refusing to give up yet! I don't want Miss A to miss out on too much stuff, especially since this takes us through the holidays and Halloween. Worst time to diet! :-)

For anybody that occasionally makes food for her, I will send out a list of things I know she can have and we'll continue to add to that as we see other stuff. There is nothing processed that I have found to be 100% safe. Even store bought applesauce Is out of the question because it contains ascorbic acid. Did you know that is usually made from corn? We are a very corn-dependent society!