12/31/12

Busy busy busy...

Though not right now. :-) I have a little boy in my arms that is having some separation anxiety issues lately and wants to be held or cuddled during sleep times. Though I have a mountain of laundry to finish and my own bedroom to clean/organize, I'm enjoying the quiet time.

We had little man's 1yr checkup a few weeks ago... Can you believe he is 26 lbs already!! Littlest Miss only weighs 28!

Otherwise... we've been quite busy. I very much enjoyed the holidays this year with my 3 little monkeys. We didn't get to do everything planned, but maybe next year when they're a bit older and can help more. We had 3 Thanksgiving dinners, 3 Christmas celebrations, 3 birthday parties, the kids got to help others in need and they were so thrilled to do so, many art projects and shopping trips and got to watch mommy attempt new recipes... A few got trashed, some were ok, others great success and will be made again. Miss D was quite thrilled with some of them... To most of you who have had goodies cooked or baked with the "standard" ingredients, they may not be that great, but for someone who doesn't know the difference... The compliments coming from her could not have made me any more happy than they did... That means mommy did good! And I think they turned out pretty darn good myself! I told Daddy that my plan is to try recipes throughout the year so I'm not trying to pull things together at the last minute and try unknown recipes.

I just took Miss D down to the lab for some allergy tests that were requested by her allergist in the winter when things are not in bloom. She's still not so good with needles, but getting better. It only took 3 of us to hold her down this time :-P. should be able to pick those up Thursday.
I have yet to do the GI test requested by the naturopath to check on her leaky gut though.. Unfortunately that one is paid for up front (out of pocket) so I've put that one off a little bit, no harm in waiting.. More healing time. I have noticed a huge difference with her asthma since eliminating corn, gluten and soy and a few other foods from her diet. Instead of using her inhaler 1-6 times a day depending on activities and such, she's using it 2-3 times a week now, if that, unless she comes in contact with animals... Then its not quite as bad as it was! Hallelujah! I'm sure the pharmacy will be calling me with a reminder to pick up her new inhaler soon and we aren't even close to opening the box from the last one we got. That's amazing seeing as how a few months ago I was begging the pharmacist to fill her RX early because her medicine was almost gone. Another thing we've noticed is no tummy aches lately. Yah! We may continue with this restricted diet even after its lifted because even I noticed a difference with a limited intake of wheat/gluten. I've had too much the past few weeks and have noticed an upset digestive system for me.

Daddy goes back to work on the 2nd, I'm sure he's enjoyed a little break. Though who knows how much longer that project will last, could be 2 weeks, could roll to the next phase... Will see what happens. I plan to start back with school/business as usual on the 2nd also. We've all had a little break.. Time to get back to reality. I'm hoping we'll be done with school for summer break, but looks as though we will be working through the summer. We've had a couple long breaks and started late. I'm not feeling too bad about it though, Miss D is reading awesome right now and is figuring out math quickly! I love my little sponges!!!