10/17/08

Appointments #2

We ended up with 2 appointments this morning instead of just one. Audree was rechecked to see if being cleared for eggs held and it did! However we brought up the fact that her skin broke out when we touched them to her face, but had no problems when we put it on her tongue. So she checked eggs with skin and eggs with all her organs, especially her digestive tract. Her organs were fine at accepting the eggs, but skin was another story. So she did a combination treatment and did inflammation/skin/eggs. Sounds weird, I know, but it's how they do it. I am to re-challenge eggs this weekend, same as before, scrambled eggs on her skin and her tongue, if all looks good, since Audree has never seen an egg before and will most likely push it away, I'll make some cookies or other baked good with eggs in it instead of an egg replacer. I'm excited to try it!

Half an hour later we went in and had her rechecked to see if the egg treatment held, and of course it did. The 2nd round is calcium...in this round we are working on clearing her dairy allergy. Hallelujah! This is the one that always scares me the most for her to be around. It might take more than one visit as eggs did, but it might not. We'll see... I'm not going to challenge this one on my own though... I will most likely wait until her blood tests are done in a couple weeks as anaphlyaxis is nothing to mess around with.