11/5/08

Update on Yearly allergy test

Audree had her yearly allergy test with the allergist's office today. After sitting there for 2.5 hours we got some good news.....as of today she is no longer allergic to barley, oat and strawberries and only moderately allergic to soy and rye. I was told to introduce those two in small amounts and see how she does and of course introduce the others one at a time to make sure her system doesn't go into overload. For any of you that look at ingredients on a consistent basis, you know that allowing barley, oats, rye and soy opens up a ton of foods!! I'm so excited!! I will be introducing each one of them during the coming weeks.

We didn't do the blood test, we did the skin prick test, so I got to see just how reactive she is to some of these foods. Milk, eggs, peanuts and cats produced gigantic hives! Needless to say she is very allergic to them. I requested sesame and coconut.. she has a pretty good reaction to sesame, but nothing to coconut and she was slightly reactive to wheat and dogs.

We will continue to see the allergy elimination specialist and I have some good results I can present to her at our next appointment. She said the blood test would not be a good indicator because the antibodies can still remain in her system for months afterwards, but this test is a good indicator of anything that she's grown out of or that has been cleared. :-)