After having some good playtime with her brother this morning, I noticed A had hives and welts all over her face and one side of her lips were swelling up. I asked what happened to her face and she had no idea, but then she mentioned that brother drooled all over her. So guess what, now mommy is back on the A-diet.. been a while, but at least it's not as restrictive as it was when she was tiny.. though getting rid of wheat probably wouldn't hurt me either.
I knew that whatever I eat can cause allergic reactions in a baby when I'm nursing, but I guess it dawn on me that those proteins would be strong enough in his saliva to cause her to react like that. Silly me, I should have known that!! The proteins can stay in a person's saliva for as long as the proteins or whatever are traveling through your system, which can be a couple days... by 6-8 hours the amounts in your saliva would hopefully be small enough that it wouldn't affect someone as sensitive as Dree is. But I make it a self-imposed rule that if I have dairy, eggs or nuts within 12 hours, I will not share utensils with her or kiss her on her face. Guess my dietary restrictions should make it easy to remember......And I was craving a blizzard!! :(
If you have an awesome vegan recipes that don't have soy/tofu/etc, message me! I need more variety!!