It's been a while since I posted and I did find this an easier way to update everyone as the Moments going on in our home... especially since it's about it get busier around here!! How to do it all... guess we'll find out.....
I am currently in the process of getting myself organized to officially start teaching homeschool this fall. I made an attempt last fall, but I was just not ready to dive head-first into what it really took to teach school kindergarten and preschool and be very pregnant. We did some stuff, but we were so unorganized, so we never had much success. I don't feel too bad though, A was not officially supposed to start kindergarten until this year, so we are not behind in any way, in fact, she does pretty well with ready and math for the little bit of time we did spend on school. We have most of the cirriculum that daddy and I are, at the moment, very happy with and I have been studying in the evenings and getting things organized. Hoping to start by mid-September!! Of course that is where the busier comes in... I have cut the sample schedule way back for us to start, but the schedule I've come up with will take most of the morning and go a couple hours into the afternoon. No, we're not doing school for 8 hours!! We will start at 8:30 and go until 2:30, but there are lots of 1/2 hour breaks and a 1 hour break for lunch and "recess". We'll probably have a total of 3 hours of actual teaching time, but who can expect a 3 and 6 year old to sit still for 3 hours when there's so much to play with? :-) It will get better as they get older and have a longer attention span and then we'll probably be done way before lunch time, but for now we're starting out slow. And people wonder why so many kids are mis-diagnosed with ADD or ADHD... do you really think most young children can focus on one thing for very long?
I have such creative children. I & A are currently putting on a concert of "5 little monkeys" for their little brother. It's pretty cute. He's happily chewing on his toys and watching the performance. He absolutely loves his older sisters and they love him dearly. I love how they are excited to see each other every morning! I hope it continues!
Baby brother is just over 8 months now. He is jabbering up a storm.. bub bub bub and when daddy shows up, he starts barking. LOL! If you know anything about daddy and his animal noises, you'll know what I mean. Little man just changed his nap schedule on me, just when I had things figured out... yeah, right! He went from one long 3-4 hour nap mid afternoon, to a very short nap in the morning and a little longer one in the late afternoon. I loved the longer naps, it made a trip to the grocery store a little easier to do and plan, but we'll manage. We did when the girls were both little.
The girls will be starting up dance class again in 2 weeks. They are so excited! Both will both be advancing into the next class... I is going into the 4-6 year old class even though she won't be 4 for another 6 months. I asked about it and was informed that for some of the "babies" in her class that listenend well were moved them up to the next level. I'm so proud of her! And A will be going into the 5-7yr old advanced beginning class. And mommy is thankful their classes are not on the same nights anymore. The only thing that would make it better is if their classes were at the exact same time, but hopefully I'll never have to do another back-to-back night with activities... made for LONG nights and very late dinners.
Ok, bathtime for baby boy.. we tried some beans tonight and his face is a little crispy. :-)