So I read today that Five Guys Burgers is coming to town. Never heard of them before today... So my initial thought was .. Hey cool, something new. Then I started seeing messages go back and forth between members of the local allergy group. French fries are cooked in peanut oil, you get a free box of peanuts with every order... And peanuts are everywhere. Hmm.... Looks like a place this little family will avoid! And if you come to our house immediately after eating there, you might get hosed down before you are allowed to come in... Hahaha! Just kidding! But you may be asked to come back another time after you've washed up and changed your clothes and shoes . And yes, I really do mean that. :-). Same goes with Texas Roadhouse.
For any of you that eat vegan or gluten-free or both, I'm on the hunt for new recipes. If you have any awesome recipes, (sans nuts and soy) would you send them my way? We have been eating a lot more vegan meals in our house lately... its less expensive and i was really hoping that the gluten-free sensitivity would go away, but turns out its more than a sensitivity and is really an allergy... So gluten-free is here to stay too. I'm re-learning how to bake (again). I have borrowed a ton of cookbooks from the library, on top of the dozen I own. Yesterday was the first time I've made good cookies in months, but they dried out so fast... Trying to figure out how to remedy that problem, may have to adjust the recipe a bit. I am also on the hunt for cooking/baking classes, but we live in the wrong area for the type of classes that I want to take because I've been looking for several years and never found any here that really fit what we want/need.
